Monday, April 7, 2008

practice personal statement

Ever since the beginning of my senior year in 2007, I've been hearing about a place called arctic glacier. My friends would talk about working many hours there during the summer. This is when my interests turned to packing ice for a summer opportunity. Some may wonder why I chose this over a simpler job that doesn't require such a workout. The answer is that I simply enjoy lifting and I have no problem doing so even though many do.


I used to have a job that can relate to the one I am applying for this summer. When I worked at Hy-vee, I would always have to lift things and move them around. Also, I spent much of my time cleaning in the freezer. Because of this, I know what cold feels like in the work environment. I think this job has allowed me to develop many skills that would help me out with this new job. Some of them include dealing with continuous physical work, cooperating with co-workers, and being able to get things done in a timely manner.

I believe I have overcome difficulties in the past such as customer complaints. The best thing I could do was let them know that I was sorry for the inconvenience and that I would do everything I could to make things work for them. If I ever come across a situation at Arctic Glacier, I would do the same thing. I am aware of the importance of this job and I plan on taking it as seriously as though it were a matter of pass or fail. I hope I get the chance to be a part of the working environment and will do much to make it work out.

1 comment:

Spencer H 2B said...

I found that even though it was short. The parts that you had written were done well. For example you had a good main idea and your examples to suppoert your main idea were done well. I would give Spencer a 3.