Thursday, May 8, 2008

Critical Thinking

Critical thinking is of most importance when it comes to education and the work force. Each decision we make whether it's choosing the right answer on a test, or choosing a career to get into, always involves thinking critically. Not being able to do so may result in poor decisions being made.

In my life, I only think critically in school because I don't have a job. Whenever I take a test I have to really think back to what I've learned in order to come up with the correct answer. If a class is too easy, I'm not thinking critically. As a result, I'm not learning anything. Once I'm through with college and I want to choose a career to get into, I'll have to think critically about which areas I'm skilled in. If I simply choose one based on how much money I'll get, I may end up regretting the decision I made if I turn out to be unhappy in the end.

No comments: